Publish in GSW
GeoScienceWorld (GSW) is a nonprofit collaborative and comprehensive resource for research and communications in the Earth Sciences. GSW works with societies, institutions, and researchers around the world and provides a single source of access to 46 preeminent scholarly journals, 2,080+ eBooks, and over 4 million GeoRef records with specialized and map-based search capabilities and links to curated earth science research around the Web. Through its Society Services Program, GSW also serves as a platform for cost-effective hosting for independent society sites, providing a scalable and efficient global presence for societies, authors, and members. Since 2005, GSW has returned more than $34 million to membership societies to achieve their scientific missions.
GSW is governed by a Board of Directors and advised by an Advisory Council of participating publishers. GSW publishers may include nonprofit scientific societies or organizations, university presses, or commercial publishers agreeing to work within the GSW framework. GSW's founding publishers are among the oldest and largest not-for-profit geoscience organizations in the world, with a long history of successful publication of basic and applied research results and public education materials.
Scientific publishers have a mission to disseminate science as broadly as possible. GSW helps publishers meet their mission-based objectives by maximizing the discovery and use of their content and by supporting their success in a changing digital landscape.
Key benefits for GSW publishers:
- Mission-driven commitment, as a nonprofit collaborative, to the advancement of the study of geoscience
- Subject-matter expertise, maximized via unique integration with AGI's GeoRef abstracting and indexing service
- Larger digital content footprint for increased visibility, end-user content discovery, and more usage
- Cross-marketing opportunities, including cooperative ad purchases, and shared exhibit space
- Sales representation and global consortia sales opportunities unavailable to individual publishers
- Reduced, volume-based pricing for technology services
- Access to technology expertise and consultation
- New technology incubation services
A society or other independent publisher seeking to make their content available through GeoScienceWorld must:
- Meet GSW's standards for inclusion (i.e., relevance, quality, etc.)
- Sign a non-exclusive electronic licensing agreement with GSW with an initial term of three years
- Supply a digital version of its journal(s) on a timely basis in a format specified by GSW
- Be a member of the Publishers International Linking Association for CrossRef participation (enabling article links), or permit GSW to enroll them
- Each participating publisher is encouraged, but not required, to appoint a representative to the Advisory Council that elects the GSW Board of Directors and acts as a communication link between GSW and participating organizations
For more information contact: