The specimens described below were found included in a miscellaneous collection of minerals made by the writer in the Caledonia Mine, near Wardner, Idaho in 1910. They came from some of the stopes above the 150 meter level and were supposed when collected to be azurite and were labeled as such. No particular attention was paid to the specimens at the time, as azurite was common about the mine, and it was not until after this portion of the mine was worked out and abandoned that the specimens received any more minute examination. The first specimen consists of a rosette of flat-bladed blue crystals about a centimeter in diameter implanted upon a joint in a mass made up of quartzite fragments cemented by cerussite and covellite. The crystals are somewhat brighter in color and more adamantine in luster than azurite. This showy rosette first attracted attention to the specimen and the mineral was found upon examination to have the blowpipe characteristics of linarite.