In 1911, Professor Palache visited the Berry quarry at Poland, Maine, already long abandoned. He found there a small group of specimens which had been taken from this quarry, but concerning the relative occurrence of which nothing could be learned. In them were noted a number of rare phosphates first found at Branchville, Conn., and up to that time not found elsewhere. These phosphates have, however, now been found at Newry, Maine, and Buckfield, Maine, but since they are still rare a description of them seems worth while. One of them, eosphorite, has been completely described1 by Dr. Drugman who had separated the other minerals of the group for analysis and had begun their study but never completed it on account of the outbreak of the war. The specimens were subsequently returned to Harvard where the study was resumed by the authors.