The thirty-seventh annual meeting of the Geological Society of America was called to order in the Auditorium of Baker Chemical Laboratory, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, at 9:10 a. m., by Vice-President William A. Parks. Brief introductory remarks were made by the presiding officer, who called attention to the fact that, although the Society was organized at Cornell University in 1888, this meeting marks the first return since that time.
The report of the Council was presented by Secretary Berkey, as follows:
To the Geological Society of America, in thirty-seventh annual meeting assembled:
The regular annual meeting of the Council was held at Washington, D. C., in connection with the meeting of the Society, December 27–29, 1923. Special meetings were held in New York City on April 18 and October 11, 1924.
The details of administration for the . . .