The Thirty-sixth Annual Meeting of the Geological Society of America was called to order in the Auditorium of the Department of the Interior Building, Washington, D. C., at 9.10 a. m., by President David White. Brief introductory remarks were made by the presiding officer, who called attention to the advantages of meeting in this scientific center and in the midst of so large a community of active geological investigators.
The report of the Council was presented by Secretary Berkey, as follows:
To the Geological Society of America, in thirty-sixth annual meeting assembled:
The regular annual meeting of the Council was held at Ann Arbor, Michigan, in connection with the meeting of the Society, December 27–29, 1922. Special meetings were held, one in Washington, D. C., on April 19, 1923, and the other in New York City on October 7, 1923. . . .