The general session of the Society was called to order by President Rudolf Ruedemann at 2.30 p. m., December 27, in the west Archeology Mezzanine of the State Education Building. After welcoming the members to the new State Museum, Doctor Ruedemann spoke of the great and beneficent influence that has been exerted on the science by the paleontologists who have lived and worked at Albany and by others who received their training there and made honored places for themselves elsewhere. President Ruedemann then called for the report of the Council as the first matter of business.
To the Paleontological Society in eighth annual meeting assembled:
The first regular meeting of this year’s Council was held at Washington, D. C., December 30, 1916, on the adjournment of the Society. Between this and the second meeting of the Council, just before the present session, the business of the . . .