The twelfth annual meeting of the Cordilleran Section of the Geological Society of America was called to order in room 34, South Hall, University of California, Berkeley, at 2.15 p. m., March 31, 1911, by the chairman of the Section, Prof. A. C. Lawson.
The minutes of the previous annual meeting were read and approved.
Ballot for officers for the ensuing year resulted as follows: A. C. Lawson, Chairman; George D. Louderback, Secretary; W. S. Tangier Smith, Councillor.
The Secretary read a communication from the General Secretary concerning the proposed representation of the Cordilleran Section in the Council of the Society, in particular raising certain objections to the plan proposed by the Section, and asking for a more definite statement of the Section’s attitude and wishes in the matter. After considerable discussion, the Section, by unanimous vote, instructed . . .