Theuvenins Creek Field is located along the Wilcox producing trend in S.-central Tyler County. The field was discovered jointly by Sinclair Oil and Gas Co. and the Atlantic Refining Co. The first seismic survey of the area was made in 1938. In 1942, a reconnaissance scismic survey was made using the spot correlation method. This work indicated anomalous conditions. In 1955, the area was detailed using a continuous seismic profile method. The seismic data were later reviewed, and the reviewed interpretation substantiated the existence of Wilcox structural closure. Based on seismic evidence, Atlantic and Sinclair spudded the Brown Fee No. 1 wildcat well on Aug. 15, 1957. This well was completed on Oct. 12, 1957, as the discovery well of the field. From an Upper Wilcox sand the well produced 279 barrels of oil per day. Subsequent drilling developed 2 producing sands in the Upper Wilcox. A total of 38 producing wells have been drilled on the structure with no dry hole to date. To Jan. 1961, the total cumulative production from the field was 1.4 million barrels of oil.