Ergodic site response models are generally conditional on the time-averaged shear wave velocity in the upper 30 m (VS30). Ground motion databases contain many recordings from Taiwan, and because of site characterization efforts, 56% of recording sites have VS30 derived from measurements. We develop proxy-based VS30 prediction models, one application of which is for the remaining 44% of Taiwan sites. Our approach, which can be suitable for other regions, differs from previous studies in which proxies are based on detailed geologic categories and possible within-category topographic gradient effects. Instead, we use three broad, age-based geologic categories, and for the youngest category of Holocene and Quaternary undivided sediments, we propose models conditioned on gradient and elevation. We also adapt a geomorphic terrain-based method, thus providing two VS30-prediction models. We describe a model weighting scheme that combines the models in consideration of their relative dispersions and correlation, producing a weighted mean and standard deviation natural-log VS30. Included as an electronic supplement is a profile database file and a site database with site parameters for Taiwan ground motion stations.

You do not have access to this content, please speak to your institutional administrator if you feel you should have access.