The Camp field comprises approximately 1,400 acres centering in Secs. 6, 7, and 8, T. 2 S., R. 3 W. The oil is from the lower Deese sandstones, which extend from about 3,900 feet to 4,600 feet, and the lowest Springer sandstone zone, rarely deeper than 6,700 feet. It is an elongate, faulted anticline with about 1,000 feet of closure.
The sedimentary rocks penetrated in this field include the lower part of the Permian and practically all the Pennsylvanian section. There are two major angular unconformities, one of early Pennsylvanian age, the other of late Pennsylvanian.
The discovery well was completed January 1945. Initial production averaged 100 barrels per day. Total cumulative production to July 1, 1953, was about 3,000,000 barrels.